Long term maintenance has begun as already mentioned. Isa had some tenderness in her abdomen, and I called the doctor regarding a concern about the VOD possibly returning. The office, of course, said that they could do nothing about it without seeing her, and getting labs. Because she was displaying much energy and even riding her bike with enthusiasm, we chose to wait until her scheduled appointment next week. BUT perhaps with this heads up they will run the tests they need and be looking for other signs at the exam.
Next Monday finds us back at the clinic getting IV vincristine. She will continue to have Dexamethasone one week out of every month, Methotrexate by mouth every Monday, and 6 MP every day except for Sunday, unless, the medical staff decides to change this protocol based on her numbers. My guess is that the staff will likely INCREASE her dosage if her numbers look good. This change will obviously affect her because more chemo is more damaging to her cells.
She has lost what little fuzz she had at the beginning of January. I have considered keeping my head shaved until she starts to grow out her hair, but at this time, I am still just considering it. One thing for certain, my hairdresser would love for me to keep it short. Short haired girls get more haircuts!
Thanks for the prayers and energy. Anything can still happen, and we’re on the lookout for those things. Her lungs could still fill up with molds or fungus, she could have problems with side effects of the medications, like trouble walking. It truly isn’t over until it is over. I’d rather deal with a host of sequelae rather than have it be over.